Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Just like a good laugh, I like a good cry sometimes. I don’t know whether ‘good cry’ is grammatically correct but what the hell!
Guy friends have often wondered and aloud: “How can you enjoy crying? It doesn’t make any sense.” I just smile and nod for I absolutely refuse to spend time on something or someone who will simply fail to understand even if I were to explain it to them in detail the nitty-gritty of crying and enjoying the feeling.
But my soul sisters understand very well and it brings peace to my heart that they do.
It is a completely different feeling: Watching a sad (preferably romantic) movie and feeling and going on the emotional journey of the characters. The pain of waiting for someone (Lamhe) or losing someone (Salman leaving Ash’s house in Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam), oh the pain!!!! And then the pleasure when the tears are shed and we feel light as a feather! Nothing could compare with this feeling.
When I was little I watched Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and how I cried when the elder sister (the very pretty Renuka Shahane) dies after slipping from the stairs and hits her head. Or when sense is knocked into Ash’s brains and she finally goes back to Ajay Devgn (Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, again! I know) and he asks her to pick one hand (ohhhh, I feel so mushy right now). Isn’t it an amazing feeling when warm tears flow down your cheeks and you feel like a huge burden is off your chest/shoulder? I bet it is.
Recently, on a superb trip to Jaisalmer with my good friend Chara, I met a Danish actress. And when we got talking and slowly as the talk moved towards human emotions (she’s to portray it so often), I almost felt like I found my soul sister. She understood what I feel and we both were like “Yes, that’s what am talkin’ bout!”
It’s the warmth, the bidding goodbye to hurt, pain, agony, the lightness, the calm after a good cry that I like.
Science has also termed it good for people to shed tears sometimes. Also, I had read once that men are more prone to heart attacks because they don’t shed tears, no matter how much it hurts!!! So gentlemen, it will only do you good if you didn’t shy away from those tears. But please spare me the river and don’t expect any extra tissue rolls from me!


2 comments:

Prerna said...

I hear you sistah! totally agree with u on that one. It does make u feel 10 tonnes lighter after u have had a good cry ;)

amu said...

aahhh!! here's my input: crying into a hug, make it a bear hug, is a very satisfactory thing. the feeling that someone is there holding you and (if you are in pain)understanding your agony helps you shed a couple of more tears thus making you feel somewhar more lighter.

Lessons in motherhood

I got my periods today, seven and half months after my baby was born. This includes the 3-4 weeks of bleeding post my C-section. One cou...